Friday 6 May 2011

Children should be seen and not heard

Youngest Kids to get ASBOs (11 & 12yrs)
"Bloody fuck. Let's go, that fucking bastard woman looks fierce"


(Note the conjoining contradictory terms)

10 year olds should not know this kind of language, mainly because they do not know how to use it, consequently using it inappropriately and superfluously, but also because they are 10.

The story behind this is that there were a pack of wild 10 year olds hanging around outside my house at around 8pm GMT (much too late for kids of that age to be wandering the streets unsupervised if you ask me) shouting, fighting and generally disturbing the peace.


Due to my current state of un-well being, I watched them for a couple of minutes before, after one decided to climb up the garden to retrieve a balloon, to tell them to 'go away please'.


Any self-respecting teenager would probably have gone pretty quickly - perhaps with the remark 'ah shit, let's go else that bitch will call the police', but this for once was not the case. For some reason the children seemed stunned that I'd called from the window to tell them to please leave, and decided that hanging about and shouting some more would be the appropriate option.
But I'm not one to give up easily.

I wanted to continue chilling out in peace and was not about to simply close the window and ignore them. Glaring at them with a look that could kill they slowly started to get the hint, but it still took at least another 3 minutes before they'd completely cleared the area and run off.

I do wonder often times what schools actually teach children, and really do think that parents should play a bigger part in the disciplining of their otherwise future ASBO children.


I certainly would not let my children be getting up to the kinds of things those young'uns were playing at! And to be perfectly honest it's children like that that completely put me off conceiving and bearing offspring.

Oh, and my rock garden is now covered in Balloon remains as the thoughtless children decided popping them on the roses was their best idea of the evening. Eurgh. Disgraceful!

An interesting article: The Worst Your Kid Can Do - includes a brilliant list 'What those Brats can do'

A brilliant banned commercial that I feel sums up my thoughts on this completely!


No comments:

Post a Comment