Tuesday 17 May 2011

American Ignorance

The following is a random conversation I had on Omegle with an american from Utah.

WARNING: This conversation is totally shocking due to this kids total ignorance of the World and general life. Seriously funny.



Stranger: Hey I'm totally from Utah, I'm Awesome because us Salt Lakers emit Awesomeness right!? XD
You: haha are you really?
You: i'm from the uk, bristol
Stranger: OMG Like totally! I Love Utah also, you should seriously be Utahnized!
Stranger: And OMG I've been to New Britain Conneticut!
Stranger: Totally Awesome! XD
You: haha if you're from utah are you mormon?
Stranger: Haha No lol, I'm not Religious, by my dad Hunts Buffalos :P
Stranger: Its Awesome!
Stranger: Its like, We are a great big Emission of Awesomeness! You have to come here! XD
You: haha
You: i got an offer like that before but from a mormon
Stranger: OMG No Way!!! Its like, you only get them here, but OMG My cousin lives in Michigan and hes like, OMG I don't like them because he saw one in Detroit once right?! XD
Stranger: Its just like, How do you get them in Detroit once right?! I was like... ARE YOU KIDDING OH EM GEE!!!
Stranger: XD
You: half my family are mormon...
You: so pretty sure you dont just get them in utah!
Stranger: OMG Are you kidding!!
You: no!
Stranger: OMG Where else?! Like, in Idaho, thats where Potatoes come from!!!
You: like in the uk, where I'm from, and across most of the world!?
Stranger: OMG New Britain is totally Awesome, my Grans been there she was like, she met this guy, and asked him if he considers himself like New British, he was like, totally dude! XD
You: new britain isn't britain though? haha
You: england is where i'm from, that's real britain...
Stranger: Oh My God New England emits Awesomeness! I love NY, Been to NYC everybody has an Awesome Rating of like, 10/10 right!! And oh do you mean like, Euro England, where like, The queen lives?! OMG Do you know the Queen?! XD
You: Yes, like euro england
You: Yes, like where the queen lives
You: i know of the queen yeah, not personally though
Stranger: OMG I bet shes like, I'm soo Awesome everyone bow to my Awesomeness Because I have an Awesome Accent!!!
You: Haha, i have that accent!
Stranger: OMG That must be like, your speech must be a total 100% Emission of Awesomeness!!! XD Love Brit Accents, they are just like... Totally Oh Em Gee because like my Bro met one Brit Guy once right, he was like "Hello" And he was like, OMG Your English that must be a great Awesome Feeling right!! XD
You: yeah being british is pretty cool
You: Our prince/future King just got married. That was lots of fun. We had street parties and stuff.
Stranger: OMG And your like totally Cornwall right, thats like totally, CornSOME!!!! OMG!
You: cornwall? No i'm not from cornwall
Stranger: Thats Bristol Accent right?!
Stranger: Cornwall XD
You: haha no, cornwall is further south
Stranger: But OMG Your Rivals Are like Plymouth Panthers right?! XD And Oh XD
You: but i'm from london originally, and i sound normal british, like the queen or whatever, not bristolian
Stranger: OMG London is like, totally Awesome, I've been to that Kent Suburbs place called Greenwich!!! Everyone is so like, Greenwich!!! LOL AWESOMENESS ALERT!! XD
You: haha do you say it 'green' 'which'? because it's actually pronounced 'gren-itch'
Stranger: OMG Its totally like Green Which!!
You: hahahahha that's amazing
Stranger: I wish like, UK was a US State, you guys should be, you speak English like us, and you could be American right! How Awesome would that be, We'd have a New England and an Old England haha AWESOME! XD
You: but you came 2nd in history, england came first
Stranger: 2nd?! OMG Like in Soccer World cup right?! XD
You: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-ywBPdkCGk - that is what bristolians sound like - justin lee collins
You: no no, like in history. America the country wasn't founded until like the 1700's, but england has been around much longer
Stranger: OMG Really?! I thought like, We Americans were like Roaming in North America being Awesome or whatever haha XD And you guys came over some time in like 1400 and like, totally like took over and made some kind of colony right!? Then we like fought back right?! And like, didn't you guys invent a York place from NYC! XD
You: haha no no that's not what happened. English and spanish people etc came over from the uk and spain and colonised in america - and made 'America'
You: the 'americans' that were roaming are the native americans, aka the red indians, most of them have died out tho
Stranger: OMG Indians are actually Americans, I thought like we were like the real Americans XD
You: so americans all used to be from england or spain or wherever
You: not actual indians from india! oh dear!
Stranger: OMG Do you mean like those Feather headed people in Tribes, they emit Awesomeness But I don't ever see any! XD
Stranger: XD
You: yeah the people with feather hats in tribes - they dont really exist anymore
You: but if you trace your family history - your ancestors are like from europe probably, or africa if you're black, but if you're from utah you're probably more likely to be white, right?
Stranger: OMG Its so sad, why would Spanish people do that, and us Americans obviously saw that like Atrocity right?! And we were like, "RIGHT, FOR THAT REASON WE'RE NOT GONNA SPEAK SPANISH, WE'RE GONNA SPEAK AMERICAN ENGLISH YOU SPANISH UNAWESOME PEOPLE" XD!! And OMG My Family are European, but like doesn't that mean Like, They could be like English or Swedish or German or like New Zealand or Russian right?! XD
You: but there's loads of spanish speaking places in the US?! but that's more from south america, not spain
You: and yeah, your ancesters could be like from england or sweden or germany yeah
Stranger: OMG They speak Spanish somewhere in Alabama OMG! Awesome!
You: new zealand isn't europe
Stranger: Really?! XD LOL
You: they speak spanish in texas a bit
You: new zealand is next to australia
Stranger: Oh Em Gee I thought they totally all spoke American English because like, My Bro went there also and was like, OMG You live in a trailer right?! And yeah Australia is Europe isn't it?! LOL
You: no australia isnt europe
Stranger: OMG But they speak English!
You: Yes, because they were english a long long time ago
You: like america, the english went over there and colonised
Stranger: OMG I thought like Australia was a part of Britain because like I saw there flag and I was like, right you are totally English!
Stranger: OMG
You: they had tribes of indigenous people in australia first
Stranger: OMG Were they Red people as well, like Red Indian people XD
You: but yeah, we colonised australia - it was part of the british empire in the 1900's
You: kinda, but not actual red people...
You: omg, you're actually the funniest american ever
Stranger: Haha Thanks XD
Stranger: OMG Do you like, Emit Awesomeness wherever you go, I bet you do, you talk like on here like a Total Missourian right?! Because you're like totally 100% Awesome rating is off the like, top floor! And I'm 18 and I am AWESOME XD
You: oh cool, i'm 19
Stranger: I love that Soccer game you all PLAY Over in Britain UK Is amazing!
Stranger: And wait a minute
You: what? football?
Stranger: Do you like that Chelsea Blue Socks team!
You: haha no
Stranger: Don't tell me you like those Manchester Blue Devils, I like Man Reds1
You: man united are the red ones?
Stranger: And I watch that 2nd League thing, I love that Orange Timeberwolf team!
You: man city are the blue ones?
Stranger: OH XD
Stranger: Orange Timberwolves are Awesome! XD That Premier team, they're like OMG Awesome! WolfHampton Orange Timberwolves or Something
Stranger: Awesomeness Team!
You: wolverhampton?!
Stranger: OMG Ya!
Stranger: Like Orange Timeberwolves I call them
Stranger: they are Awesome!
You: lmao you are hilarious
Stranger: I also love that Queens Park Panthers team!
Stranger: They rock Awesomeness!
You: queens park rangers?
Stranger: OMG Thats it!
Stranger: But I also Support that Stoke Red Stripers!
You: stoke on trent?
Stranger: OMG They are like that Red striped team in the top League right?!
Stranger: Stoke Reds!
Stranger: They emit Awesomeness!
Stranger: And OMG
Stranger: I also love Portsmouthampton Pirate team or Whatever they are!
Stranger: Awesome! XD
You: portsmouth
You: or southampton?
Stranger: OMG Its that Blue team with the Star, Portsmouth Stars right!
Stranger: XD
Stranger: And Watfordshire Wasps!
Stranger: Awesome!
Stranger: OMG I actually know Some Soccer club players1
Stranger: OMG Wait Ill tell you some!
You: football... ok lol
Stranger: That guy, called Horsefield Guy hes Awesome! My Bro Told me about him!
Stranger: OMG And I've heard of a Goalsaving position guy called Jersey Dude or something, he should be Americanized and call NEW JERSEY DUDE RIGHT! xd
You: Geoff Horsfield?
Stranger: OMG Hes Awesome Striking Position!
Stranger: What do you think of Jersey Dude?!
Stranger: And should he be called New Jersey Dude and play for USA XD
You: and jerzy dudek? hah
Stranger: OMg Thats it!
Stranger: OMG And Andrew Stubbs!
Stranger: Hes Awesome, better than that Brazillian Perles!
Stranger: And OMG Canadian Mark Pooming!



I'm not exactly sure what to say about this. Other than that the stereotype of many american's appears to be true...

1 comment: