Wednesday 27 April 2011

Piece of Me


So in the musical world of me I'm currently completely obsessed with Britney's new album - 'Femme Fatale' which has now been on repeat for a whole day. Give it another day or two and I'll probably never want to listen to it again, but in the mean time I though I'd express my views on the contraversial topic of Miss Britney Spears.


I know everyone says that they hate her, but we all know that deep down life wouldn't be the same without Britney Spears. Who else would you have given us the hairbrush number 'Stronger' and filled our teen magazines with endless stories from the surreal world of the rich and famous for the past 15 years?

I, for one, really love her. Short of making a youtube video telling the world to 'leave britney alone', I do honestly think she's got a hell of a lot of bad press. I'm not denying she's done some pretty mental shit - shaving her head being just one in a catalogue of insanities, but one does think that it might be due to her being thrust into the publics eye and becoming so famous at such a young age.



Britney isn't even the only example of child-stars going a bit insane. Disney made star, Vanessa Hudgens had semi-naked self-taken photos leaked across the web world. Our dear Hermione Granger (Emma Watson) has also been shown 'accidently' letting a nip-slip and flaunting a bit of underwear to get a bit of extra media attention [now at 21, she's the new face of Lancome Paris, so things seem to be going well for her].



Ultimately I think the media should at least be giving celebrities a fighting chance to live their own life and turn out ok. I'm pretty sure that excessive media attention is actually not good for a person at all. Imagine being followed every time you left your house! I certainly don't think I could cope. No wonder Miss Spears went a bit crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment