Sunday 12 June 2011

Worlds Apart

If you've been reading my previous posts you'll know that my little brother was waiting to find out where he was going to be sent on his religious mission for two years. We got the letter on Wednesday telling us he was being 'called to serve' in the Philippines, Angeles Mission. He leaves at the end of September.


Not long.


For those who have no idea where that is... Google Map - Angeles City, Philippines


I'm sure he'll have a fabulous time, but I can't help being sad about it. I'm gonna really miss him - surprising really as it's not as though we spend a huge amount of time together. But then, I can't call or see him at all for two whole years - a pretty long time to be honest.


He's going to one of the most volcaneous areas on the planet. Which I suppose is a little bit concerning.


He'll be right on the Equator, so no doubt he'll come back with an amazing tan - or skin cancer. Haha!


He also gets to learn and speak 'Tagalog' - I googled this, and it's basically the Austronesian language, Filipino. Very similar to Spanish to be honest.


I'll miss him.


But I've got 3 months yet. I don't know if it's better to make a point of spending time with him before he goes, or if that will make it worse because then I'll miss his company.


Either way, I'll miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment